IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SCHOOL MEALS
FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2022-2023
Be sure to complete and submit your 2022-2023 Free and Reduced Meal Applications!
For the past two years, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has offered waivers to Child Nutrition (CN) Programs across the United States, allowing these programs to offer all students breakfast and lunch at no charge. These waivers will expire on June 30, 2022. This means that starting next school year, 2022-2023, Child Nutrition Programs across the nation will return to normal, pre- pandemic operations. Families are being asked to complete and submit a 2022-2023 Free/Reduced Meal Application if they would like to see if their students qualify based on the income of all family members.
In the past, the first 30 days of the school year carryover status from the previous school year. Since there were very few meal applications submitted over the past couple of years, it is imperative to complete the new 2022-2023 meal application (available July 1, 2022). Doing so will cover the student for the entire 2022-2023 school year and no other steps will be necessary unless there is an income change during the school year. If your student attends Pleasant Run Elementary, Struble Elementary, Taylor Elementary, White Oak Middle or Pleasant Run Middle School, your student will continue to receive free breakfast and lunch through May 2023; however an application should still be completed.
Meal applications can be completed in two ways:
- Meal applications can be printed from the Food Services webpage on the NWLSD website (www.nwlsd.org), picked up at the student’s home school or picked up at the Food Service Office. These meal applications need to be completed in their entirety and returned to the student’s home school or the Food Service Office.
- Meal applications can be completed online by going to https://payschoolscentral.com/.
To visit the Food Services webpage, please do the following…
- Go to the NWLSD website (www.nwlsd.org)
- Choose “Departments”, located on the top of the webpage
- Choose “Food Services” under the “Departments” section
The NWLSD Food Service Department is committed to making the transition to normal operations as easy as possible. Please feel free to contact our offices at 513-522-6700, ext. 5.
**NWLSD is an equal opportunity provider**